- So why the name change?
- Our purpose has always been to raise funds for our partner and beneficiary, the San Diego Rescue Mission. Mother’s Day was a fantastic way to bring focus to the homeless mothers and families on the streets, but holding the event on a Sunday meant that a lot of the Rescue Mission’s supporters could not attend, and many potential runners and sponsors were tied up with Mother’s Day plans. Moving the run to a Saturday will allow for more participation from runners, supporters, as well as volunteers—a win for all of us!
- Do I need to be an experienced runner to do this?
- Not at all! There are plenty of other 5K/10K events to test your speed and performance. The San Diego Mother’s Bay Run is all about raising funds and awareness while spending a lovely day outdoors with friends and family. Many participants run and walk with their kids, and often mothers jog with strollers. All are welcome!
- Are strollers allowed on the run?
- Absolutely. Since this is a family-friendly event, many of our runners/walkers are mothers (and fathers!) who join us with strollers or even babies in carriers.
- What time is check-in?
- As noted in our details, check-in will begin at 7 a.m. on April 29th.
- What time does the run begin?
- The 5K run will begin at 8:30am. 10K runners will start shortly afterwards. The Lil’ Tykes 100m Dash will start at 9:30am
- Will the run be timed?
- The primary purpose of San Diego Mother’s Bay Run is to raise funds for the San Diego Rescue Mission. While there will be a race clock at the start/finish line, runners will not have timing chips. It is something we are considering for future races, but for now we do not wish the operating costs to cut further into the money we can raise for this organization. If timing is important to you, we recommend you wear a personal race watch or timer.
- Can children participate?
- If they can cover (run, walk, stroll) the 5K or 10K loop, absolutely! Any children actually participating in the run (feet on the ground) will need to be registered, for safety reasons. We have registration levels for Youth 15 years of age and under as well as the FREE Lil’ Tykes 100M Dash for kids 10 and under.
- Will refunds be issued?
- Due to the logistics of setting up the event, refunds cannot be issued. Registrations can, however, be transferred to someone else at the same level (e.g., youth registrations to other youth, adult registrations to other adults) by editing the info in your confirmation emails. The settlement of registration fees will have to be handled by you and the transferee separately. If illness or an emergency prevent attendance, your registration can be transferred to the next year’s event. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org by May 29th, 2017 (30 days after the event), to be issued a coupon code to be used for the following year’s registration.
- Can I pick up my run packet ahead of time?
We are happy to announce a partnership with Road Runner Sports! They have generously agreed to host our packet pickup on April 28, 2017, from 3pm–7pm.
Their address is: 5553 Copley Dr. San Diego CA 92111
BONUS! You’ll get $10 from Road Runner Sports to spend on anything you want in the store! OR join the VIP Family and save 25% on everything! Don’t miss out on this exclusive gift for race participants only when you join the Packet Pickup Party! Restrictions apply. See store for details.
- Will there be vendor booths at the event?
- There will be vendor spaces for our sponsors! Please check out our sponsorship page for more information about sponsorship levels and perks!
- Will there be volunteer opportunities?
- Absolutely. Please head over to our volunteer page and get in contact with us.
- I would like to contribute but cannot participate in the 5K or 10K. How can I help?
- You can make a donation, volunteer, or sponsor us. Above all, our success depends on your enthusiasm and support! Please find us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram (@MVSunsetRotary) and tag our event (#SDMothersBayRun and #SDRescue) so we can follow along!
- What if I have a question that isn’t answered here?
- Please get in contact with us, and we’ll get back to you with an answer.